A gunite swimming pool allows you to create your private resort. It can be any size, shape, or depth, giving you tremendous flexibility for pool design. Aqua Blue Pools & Spas has been building swimming pools in the country for over three decades. We are the largest privately owned pool builder, and we can turn backyard dreams into reality through our outstanding service, design, and installation.
Concrete is cement made with cement and water. For pool installation, both gunite and shotcrete can be used.
Gunite swimming pools make a beautiful addition to any space and leave a lasting impression.
1) Durability and reliability: Gunite pools are durable and last a long time. This material is considered the best quality and can be remodeled often during a pool's life.
2) Deliveries at a Discount: Gunite is not delivered as a fiberglass pool shell and can be mixed and sprayed on the spot. It is possible to create pools of any shape or size.
3) Special Finishing Plaster: Using tile, glass beads, or marble, you can achieve a unique appearance for your gunite pool.
No matter the shape or size of your backyard, there are stunning pool designs that you can choose from. Gunite is versatile and can be used in various styles, including modern shapes with sharp angles or soft curves. You can create a flowing, amoeba-like gunite swimming pool or wrap a geometric shape around your backyard. Perhaps the best thing about a gunite swimming pool is its flexibility.
Gunite pools require more attention, especially if they are saltwater. Alkaloids can get into the pool water. If there is any algae growth, the surface must be etched. For cleaning and servicing, see our Aqua Blue Pool Service.
Gunite pools can be maintained well and can last many decades. However, they will need to be resurfaced and renovated, which can add to their cost.
It takes approximately four to three months to complete a Gunite swimming pool. For curing, it
may take up to 28 days, and this allows the concrete to reach its maximum potential.
Gunite is made with sand and gravel, which can make the pool surface feel rough.
The cost of installing a gunite swimming pool depends on the design and custom features. Also,
consider plumbing costs and energy-efficient equipment. The cost of a project is dependent on its location and the excavation. You will need to build retaining walls if your backyard is steep. Nobody should compromise on the pool of their dreams. Aqua Blue Pools & Spas offers a range of financing options for pool construction.
A freeform pool can be described as a swimming pool with no specific shape. A freeform pool has the advantage of being able to be designed to fit the landscaping of your yard.
2) Vinyl liner pools: This pool has a vinyl liner installed over steel, aluminum, or fiberglass frame. These are a popular choice due to their low cost and ease of installation. The liner must be replaced every few years, which can increase the cost of ownership.
3) Concrete pools: These in-ground pools are the most costly and durable. Concrete can be made into any size or shape you like, giving you complete control over the design of your pool. Concrete is more maintenance-intensive than other in-ground pools and requires more chemicals and labor.
How much does an automatic pool cover run? The average Hydura pool cover cost between $10,000 and $15,000 depending on the add-ons and size of the pool.
There are many factors that affect the life expectancy of a pool. Above ground, pools are more durable than inground pools. Vinyl liners can be used for up to 20 years. However, you will need to replace them approximately every 10 years. Gunite can last for over 25 years with proper maintenance, while fiberglass pools can last up to 30 years.